|Egg whites||2 large|
|Finely ground almonds||3/4 cup (100 gm)|
|Confectioners sugar||3/4 cup|
|White sugar||3/4 cup|
|Food coloring||1 drop|
These cookies are like cookie sandwiches and are delicious if done correctly, just fill with your favorite flavor of frosting and enjoy .
Important tips :
1. Egg whites should be in room temperature .
2. Ground almonds should be finely ground and sifted with fine sugar before added to egg whites batter.
3.Let the cookies stand out at room temperature about 30 minutes.
4. No need to preheat the oven, just turn on when we put it inside for baking.
- First beat egg whites in the bowl of the mixer with adding sugar three times gradually with continue beating until egg whites are foamy, glossy, fluffy.
- Sift confectioners sugar and ground almonds in a separate bowl and slowly fold the almond mixture into the egg whites .
- Now you need to choose your favorite colors and set aside separately.
- When batter is mixed enough to flatten immediately into baking sheet, spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a plain round tip. Pipe the batter onto the baking sheet in rounds, leaving space between the disks. Let the piped cookies stand out at room temperature until they form a hard skin on top, about 30 minutes .
- Heat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Bake cookies until set but not browned, about 10 minutes, let cookies cool completely before filling.
- Fill the cookies your favorite flavor of frosting, lemon, strawberry, raspberry buttercream or chocolate .