|Shredded unsweetened coconut||1 cup|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 cup|
|Bicarbonate soda||1 tsp|
|For the sugar suryp:|
|Sugar||2 1/2 cup|
|Water||2 1/2 cup|
|Lemon juice||1 tsp|
This recipe is incredibly easy and yields a very moist cake that is traditional in the Jordanian/ Palestinian region.
- Preheat the oven to 180 c.
- To prepare the sugar syrup, in a saucepan place the sugar and water and mix, boil for 5 minutes and turn off, squeeze little of lemon juice and let it cool down.
- In large bowl place the semolina, sugar, coconut powder, bicarbonate soda, yogurt and oil, then mix very well to combine and cover it and set aside 10 minutes.
- Brush the bake pan with little of sesame paste (tahina) and spread the semolina mixture and tap with your hand pushing lightly until it finish.
- Cut the harissa squares and put 1 almond nuts in the square before bake.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes and last 5 minutes from up until golden.
- Pour the sugar syrup (room temperature) immediately over hot harissa ( immediately after remove it from oven).