|Olive oil||1/4 cup|
|Shrak (lavash) bread||5|
|Pine nut (toasted or fry)||2 tablespoon|
|salt and pepper||according to taste|
This dish is Palestinian musakhan, the original come with big taboun or( Afghani) bread dipped by olive oil and chicken stock, topped by Chicken pieces and chopped onion, spices with sumaq (Arabic spice). But this way is faster, very easy and the same amazing taste.
- Cooked chicken in water and spiced it with black pepper, cardamom and salt.
- when the chicken is cooked remove bones and make it slices by your hand and add Arabic spices (2 tablespoon) tablespoon sumaq, pinch of ground black pepper, pinch of Arabic spices), and set a side.
- Place 1/4 cup of olive oil in a big saucepan, add the sliced onion and cook over medium heat until soft ( not too much) about 5 to 8 minutes, then add pinch of salt, pepper, arabic spices, 2 or 3 talespoon sumaq and stir.
- Add the cooked chicken to the cooked onion, little of olive oil and toasted pine nut and mix well softly to combine.
- Cut the 1 piece of shrak (lavash) bread in to 4 squeres then fill it with chicken mixture and rapped, then brush from top by olive oil then bake in oven for 15 minutes, another 5 minutes from top.