|Sambousa leaves||50 pieces|
|Ground meat||1 kilo|
|Onion (chopped)||2 large|
|Parsley (chopped)||1/2 cup|
|Arabic spices||2 teaspoons|
|Black pepper||1 teaspoon|
|Salt||according to taste|
|vegetable oil||2 cups|
Sambousa is kind of stuffed pastry, it is very popular appetizer in many arab countries, especially during Ramadan.
You can be creative and use cheese, meat, or vegetable filling.
- To prepare the meat filling you need to fry the onion in little vegetable oil (3 tablespoons) in a big saucepan and add the meat and stir.
- Cover the saucepan until the meat is cooked and the water is dry.
- Turn off and add all spices and salt and parsley then mix very well to combine.
- Now fill the sambousa leaves by the meat filling.
- Heat oil and carefully place filled sambousa into the oil until the desired golden brown color.
- Drain it on kitchen paper and serve it with sou or salad.