|For the dough :|
|All purpose flour||6 cups|
|Dry instant yeast||2 tablespoons|
|Warm water||2 cups|
|Powdered milk||2 tablespoons|
|Olive oil||3/4 cup|
|Fresh green zaatar leaves||3 cups|
|Sesame seeds||for garnish|
Zaatar and olive oil buns are best breakfast with tea with mint, and this recipe will make you enjoy the mist smell of zaatar and amazing taste.
- For making the dough we have two steps, first mix your yeast with warm water and 1 tablespoon of sugar and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In large bowl mix 2 cups of flour with all dry ingredients ( another spoon of sugar, salt, powdered milk ), and then pour the yeast mixture over the flour and combine well, ( dough should be sticky), then cover and let stand for 10 minutes in warm place.
- Now the second step is remove the cover of the bowl and add 4 cups of flour with 3/4 cup of olive oil and mix little and add the zaatar leaves and mix well by your hands.
- Cover it again and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 c.
- When dough is ready, form into medium sized balls and garnish with sesame seeds and bake for 20 minutes until golden and puffy.